At Lions Gate, our goal is to meet the social, recreational, spiritual and intellectual needs of our residents through diversified programming. To help us, we rely on a team of dedicated volunteers.
As a volunteer, you can bring support and joy in a variety of ways.
- Friendly visitors to visit with or read to residents
- Volunteers to bring along a certified therapy pet
- Activity assistants to help with crafts, exercise, small group discussions, games and more
- Entertainers to share musical, dancing and theatrical talents with residents
- Support to the rabbi during religious services
- Individuals to work in the gift shop
No experience is needed to be a volunteer. The only requirements are that you are patient, have a big heart and have the desire to enrich the lives of our elderly residents. Your efforts will be rewarded tenfold by a feeling of immense satisfaction that you have brightened someone’s day.
Volunteer opportunities are offered seven days per week: morning, afternoon and evening. We understand everyone has varying availability, so we are willing to be flexible with scheduling.
Are you interested in coming in to meet our residents and to see how you can make a difference? We would love to hear from you.
Please contact Cookie Pedersen, Volunteer Coordinator at Lions Gate (856) 679-2205 or [email protected].
For Saltzman House, please contact Nadine Harris at (856) 751-3343 ext. 4 or [email protected].